NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman was accused of smashing a window on a Westport Avenue pet store early Wednesday in an attempt to "set the puppies free," according to police reports.
An officer on patrol saw a woman in the parking lot of a Westport Avenue strip mall at about 2:40 a.m. Wednesday. The woman ran when she saw the police car, and the officer followed her to investigate, police said.
Officers found Anouk Govil, 23, of Eastwood Road, with a rock in her hand and a cut on her hand, according to police reports. Govil declined a ride to the hospital for treatment, police said.
The glass front door of Puppies of Westport, a pet shop in the same strip mall, had been shattered. Govil told officers she had “wanted to set the puppies free,” police said Wednesday.
Govil was arrested and charged with third-degree criminal mischief. She was released after posting $500 bond, and is due in court on Jan. 21.
- 1 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Historic Westport Estate Moved To New Home Across The Street
- 4 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston