REDDING, Conn. -- The Redding Police Department was awarded State Accreditation by the Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council recently.
The State Accreditation program is designed to assist Connecticut law enforcement agencies to operate efficiently and uniformly to reduce exposure to civil liability and provide excellent management and service delivery.
The standards for accreditation are intended to help police departments: strengthen crime prevention and control capabilities; formalize essential management procedures; establish fair and nondiscriminatory personnel practices; improve service delivery; solidify interagency cooperation and coordination and boost citizen and staff confidence in the police agency.
Members of the POST Council are a public board appointed by the Governor and include federal, state and local law enforcement managers.
- 1 Weston Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Dodge Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Light Snow Continues In Easton, Weston As Storm Begins To Depart