Update: WESTON, Conn. -- Route 53 in Weston has reopened after the tree and wires were cleared from the roadway Tuesday morning, the DOT said.
Original story: WESTON, Conn. -- Route 53 is closed in both directions between Valley Forge Road in Weston and the Redding town line Tuesday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
A tree is down on power lines on the road, also known as the Newtown Turnpike. The closure was reported at 8:24 a.m., DOT said. That is the area near the Saugatuck Reservoir.
Repairs were estimated to take less than three hours, the DOT said.
Those traveling north from Weston will need to detour at Godfrey Road West. Those traveling south will need to take Route 107 to Route 57, also known as Georgetown Road.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm