Update: WESTON, Conn. -- Route 53 in Weston has reopened after the tree and wires were cleared from the roadway Tuesday morning, the DOT said.
Original story: WESTON, Conn. -- Route 53 is closed in both directions between Valley Forge Road in Weston and the Redding town line Tuesday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
A tree is down on power lines on the road, also known as the Newtown Turnpike. The closure was reported at 8:24 a.m., DOT said. That is the area near the Saugatuck Reservoir.
Repairs were estimated to take less than three hours, the DOT said.
Those traveling north from Weston will need to detour at Godfrey Road West. Those traveling south will need to take Route 107 to Route 57, also known as Georgetown Road.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola