WESTON, Conn. -- In one hour, the Weston Volunteer Fire Department assisted at two accidents caused by icy conditions Sunday afternoon.
The first accident was at noon on Steep Hill Road by Tannery Lane. An oil truck slid off the road because of the ice. No injuries were reported and no oil leaked from the tank.
The second crash occurred at 12:50 p.m. on Godfrey Road West when a car slid off the road and came to rest in a brook. Again, no injuries were reported, but a small amount of fuel leaked into the stream.
The Fire Department's Twitter account, @FireWeston, also reported that EMS was called to two different incidents in town.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest