EASTON, Conn. -- Outgoing Easton Town Clerk Derek Buckley isn't just packing up his personal effects from his office when he leaves, he could be taking software the town uses along with him, according to Patch.com.
Buckley contends that he owns the commercial rights to the hardware and software in Easton Town Hall and says that if the town doesn't pay him for it or enter into a leasing agreement with him, he will remove the software from the network, Patch.com reported.
Easton officials believe they maintain the right to use the software at no cost regardless of whether Buckley is in office, according to Patch.com.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick