EASTON, Conn. -- Outgoing Easton Town Clerk Derek Buckley isn't just packing up his personal effects from his office when he leaves, he could be taking software the town uses along with him, according to Patch.com.
Buckley contends that he owns the commercial rights to the hardware and software in Easton Town Hall and says that if the town doesn't pay him for it or enter into a leasing agreement with him, he will remove the software from the network, Patch.com reported.
Easton officials believe they maintain the right to use the software at no cost regardless of whether Buckley is in office, according to Patch.com.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Weston For Saturday