GREENWICH, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) will hold a town hall forum in Greenwich to discuss a legislative proposal in Congress to impose further and immediate sanctions on Iran.
Congress is debating the legislation as the U.S. continues negotiations with Iran to significantly limit its nuclear program and prevent Iran from being able to develop a nuclear weapon.
Murphy has publicly opposed the latest proposed sanctions on Iran due to their potential to derail ongoing negotiations with the country.
The forum will be at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 22, at the Greenwich Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave., Greenwich. All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store