GREENWICH, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) will hold a town hall forum in Greenwich to discuss a legislative proposal in Congress to impose further and immediate sanctions on Iran.
Congress is debating the legislation as the U.S. continues negotiations with Iran to significantly limit its nuclear program and prevent Iran from being able to develop a nuclear weapon.
Murphy has publicly opposed the latest proposed sanctions on Iran due to their potential to derail ongoing negotiations with the country.
The forum will be at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 22, at the Greenwich Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave., Greenwich. All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Fairfield Police Alerted To Nationwide Gang Threat After Baltimore Protests
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI