GREENWICH, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) will hold a town hall forum in Greenwich to discuss a legislative proposal in Congress to impose further and immediate sanctions on Iran.
Congress is debating the legislation as the U.S. continues negotiations with Iran to significantly limit its nuclear program and prevent Iran from being able to develop a nuclear weapon.
Murphy has publicly opposed the latest proposed sanctions on Iran due to their potential to derail ongoing negotiations with the country.
The forum will be at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 22, at the Greenwich Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave., Greenwich. All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo