GREENWICH, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) will hold a town hall forum in Greenwich to discuss a legislative proposal in Congress to impose further and immediate sanctions on Iran.
Congress is debating the legislation as the U.S. continues negotiations with Iran to significantly limit its nuclear program and prevent Iran from being able to develop a nuclear weapon.
Murphy has publicly opposed the latest proposed sanctions on Iran due to their potential to derail ongoing negotiations with the country.
The forum will be at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 22, at the Greenwich Library, 101 W. Putnam Ave., Greenwich. All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Weston, Easton; Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow