WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 United Illuminating, Easton's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield