WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Easton, Weston Tuesday Evening
- 5 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana