WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl