WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola