WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat
- 5 Real Estate Developer Appointed To Weston Building Board Of Appeals