WESTON, Conn. — The Weston Board of Selectmen has accepted the revised Town Charter with one exception — it wants to separate the capital budget from the town budget for referendum votes.
The board announced its request for the change at Thursday night's meeting, and the Charter Revision Commission now has 30 days to comply.
The Board of Selectmen didn't act on public requests for other changes to the revised charter, including making the town clerk position appointed instead of elected.
Voters will be asked to approve the new charter in November.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens