WESTON, Conn. – Residents can comment on Weston's proposed firearms ordinance at Thursday's meeting of the Board of Selectmen.
They will also get an update on the status of the ordinance, which is being revised in response to comments at the board's Jan. 17 meeting.
That meeting, at which the firearms ordinance was the key issue, was held at Weston Middle School and was heavily attended. Thursday's meeting is in Town Hall and won't be able to accommodate such a large crowd.
In response to comments from the public, the selectmen may decide not to seek local gun registration, but they are determined to enact storage requirements.
The meeting takes place at 7:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Weston, Easton
- 3 Weston Students Win Westport Halloween Window Painting Contest
- 4 Real Estate Sales Fall In Weston, Rise In Easton
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton