WESTON, Conn. – Residents can comment on Weston's proposed firearms ordinance at Thursday's meeting of the Board of Selectmen.
They will also get an update on the status of the ordinance, which is being revised in response to comments at the board's Jan. 17 meeting.
That meeting, at which the firearms ordinance was the key issue, was held at Weston Middle School and was heavily attended. Thursday's meeting is in Town Hall and won't be able to accommodate such a large crowd.
In response to comments from the public, the selectmen may decide not to seek local gun registration, but they are determined to enact storage requirements.
The meeting takes place at 7:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Police: Weston Woman Assaults Westport Man Who Stuck Her With Bar Bill
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield