WESTON, Conn. -- Following longstanding traditions, the graduation ceremony at Weston High School begins promptly at 6 p.m. Tuesday under the tent between Weston Intermediate School and the high school.
The ceremony is expected to last about 90 minutes.
All graduates are asked to meet in the high school's new gym by 5 p.m. in their graduations robes and with their caps with tassels.
"The Weston High School graduation ceremony honors graduates, their families, and their teachers," the Weston Public Schools said in a statement. "It serves to recognize the completion of 13 years of education and marks a significant milestone in the life of the graduate and his/her family. As such, it has been and remains a formal ceremony that, although joyous and celebratory, is serious in tone and nature."
Families are not allowed to reserve blocks of seats by placing signs or other items on the chairs. Saving seats for immediate family members only is allowed if a family
member remains with the seats. No one should arrive until after 2 p.m. to save seats.
The dress code for Weston High School graduates for the ceremony is:
- Males: shoes (no sandals or sneakers), slacks, dress shirt with collar (tie preferable)
- Females: skirt/dress/dress slacks, dress shoes with flat/low heels (because we plan to be outside, heels are not recommended)
- Students may not carry any items that might create a distraction during the ceremony. No adornments may be worn over or on robes or caps.
A recessional march will proceed from the graduation tent to the high school cafeteria for a reception provided by the Junior Class for the graduates and their
The Class of 2014’s “Mystery Tour” buses will be located immediately outside the High School main entrance after the reception for the post-graduation event.
For students in kindergarten through 11th grade in Weston, there will be one more day of classes. The last day of school will be Wednesday, June 18, and it will be a half-day.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Weston, Easton, Redding
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Could Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Snow Could Return To Weston, Easton, Redding For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Weston For Saturday