EASTON/REDDING, Conn. -- Residents will head to the polls Tuesday, July 22 in Easton and Redding to vote on approving roof work at Joel Barlow High School.
The work scheduled for the high school shared by the town's in Regional School District 9, totals $1.5 million, according to the towns' websites.
Easton's share equals 45.9 percent, or $667,845, and Redding's share equals 54.1 percent, or $787,155.
The vote is to approve bonds and temporary notes in that amount for the work.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the following locations:
- Samuel Staples Elementary School, 515 Morehouse Road, Easton.
- Redding Community Center, 37 Lonetown Road, behind Redding Elementary School.
The roof project needs a majority vote in both towns to be approved.
The roof work was approved during the May budget referendum, but the vote was nullified due to a scheduling technicality.
The Region 9 school district has reported the roof has hits its 20-year warranty and is leaking.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48