REDDING, Conn. – In an effort to protect Redding schools in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings, Region 9 Schools Superintendent Bernard Josefsberg has announced a number of security measures the district plans to implement.
The proposed budget for the 2013-14 school year includes $135,000 for security expenditures, which Josefsberg said will focus on “perimeter surveillance, interior monitoring, building access control, enhanced communication, keying and door security.”
Josefsberg also called for collaboration and coordination with the Redding police, “which goes beyond the physical presence of police in and around our buildings.” He said Redding could name a school resource officer, similar to Easton’s, who is specially trained to work with youth and the school administration and develop emergency plans.
View details on Josefsberg’s security remarks to the Redding Board of Education here.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 4 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm