REDDING, Conn. -- Redding students Yiran Zhang and Eli Silvert took home a first place award at the 66th Annual Connecticut Science and Engineering Fair.
Future leaders and innovators were recognized at the fair held on March 15 at Quinnipac University in Hamden. The top overall winners will represent the state at the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair from May 11 to 16 in Los Angeles.
Zhang and Silvert of Redding, Southern CT Invitational Science & Engineering, took home the first place high school team award in the category of Life Sciences. The team's project was titled "Does Musical Training Affect Multi-Channel Sensory Integration?"
The fair is made possible by a grant and volunteer support from its principal sponsors United Technologies Corporation, Connecticut Light & Power, The United Illuminating Company, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and Dominion and by contributions from industrial and individual supporters, representatives said.
- 1 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Weston
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Lots Of Buzz Going On At Weston's Red Bee Honey