WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Easton Girl Dances Role Of Snow Queen In 'Nutcracker'
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Easton, Redding, Weston
- 4 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo