WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 2 Weston Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 77 Kettle Creek Road Is The Weston Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 5 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child