WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Weston On Wednesday
- 2 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 3 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y