WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Candy From School Trip To China Makes Weston Students, Teachers Sick