WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Easton Couple Charged With Running Prescription Drug Ring In Fairfield
- 2 Demographic Changes Leave Weinstein Wondering About Weston’s Future
- 3 Population Grows In Easton, Redding, Weston, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Newtown Must Pay Cop $380K For Post-Sandy Hook Shooting PTSD
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens