WESTON, Conn. -- School authorities in Weston, Easton and Redding have taken precautions after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Friday.
Weston and Region 9 schools in Easton and Redding cancelled all after-school activities.
There is a police presence at all schools with Weston schools also suspending the open-campus policy and locking all safety doors.
Easton and Redding schools are not under lock down under the advice of the police chiefs who didn't want to alarm students.
Police in Weston are stationed at both ends of School Road and in front of the schools.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Easton Man To Serve 15 Years In Prison For Trying To Kill Wife By Hanging
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Driver Pleads Guilty In Hit-And-Run Death Of Weston Cyclist