EASTON, Conn. – Hartwick College’s Brittney Dumas, a freshman from Easton who played in high school at Joel Barlow, was named the Empire 8 Conference’s Women’s Basketball Player and Rookie of the Week.
It was the fourth time Dumas earned the rookie award, and her first Player of the Week honor. Hartwick is in Oneonta, N.Y.
Dumas scored a career-high 27 points in a 52-46 win over Stevens. She also grabbed 10 rebounds to secure her second double-double of the season.
Dumas has scored double digits in 15 of the last 16 games for Hartwick (16-5). She leads the team in scoring with 14.5 points per game and is second in rebounds with 6.0 per game. She has started 17 of 21 games and is ranked among the national leaders in Division III in field goal percentage.
She earned four letters at Barlow, where she was also a standout pole vaulter and high jumper on the track and field team. Dumas is the daughter of Stephanie and Jeffrey Dumas.
- 1 Danbury Fair Goes Green By Adding Fuel Cell To Power The Mall
- 2 Weston, Easton, Redding Named Among SafeWise's Safest Places In State
- 3 Change In Management As CEO Resigns From Westport Weston Family Y
- 4 Redding Skater Glides Onto Skate America Ice For Grand Prix Debut
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola