WESTPORT, Conn. – Saugatuck Rowing’s Louisa Freeman and Jo Gurman, who took third in June at the U.S. Youth Nationals, continued to gain national attention Sunday with a second-place finish at the Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston.
The runner-up finish was one of several strong performances for Saugatuck in one of the most prestigious East Coast regattas of the fall season.
Freeman, a senior at Staples High, and Gurmn, a senior at Weston High, took second behind the Cambridge Boat Club in the Youth Doubles Women race. Connor Cashel of Fairfield Ludlowe and Mary Bethe Greer of Wilton took third in the same race, while Wilton’s Natalie Clark and Staples’ Anna Petterson took sixth. There were 39 crews in the race.
The Saugatuck crew of Jeff Monahan and Cameron Yates took fifth in the Youth Doubles Men. The Boys 8+ finished 17th with Lauren Hochman, Warren Schorr, Lee Glicklich, John Hunter, Witt Geffs, Christoph Bub, Connor O’Brien, Nicholas Upton and Chris Finsher.
Christina Johnson was second in the Girls 1x out of 42 teams. The Girls 8+ team finished 11th with Lilly Powers, Felicity Cain, Blythe Lewis, Emily Patton, Allie Diamond, Katie Grotto, Genevieve Esse, Kaitlyn McCann and Reni Forer. The Girls 4+ team was 81st with Emily Clayton, Alex Manning, Erika Zadravec, Victoria Thorogood and Joanna Moley.
- 1 Weston, Easton, Redding Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Storm Hits Weston, Easton, Redding
- 3 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48