REDDING, Conn. – The Redding-Easton 12-and-under softball team completed a dominating run through the District 1 tournament Saturday with a 10-0 win over Wilton in the championship game.
Redding finished the tournament 4-0 and advances to the Division 1 tournament on Wednesday in Orange. Redding will play the District 4 champion in its first Divisional tournament game. The complete Divisional tournament schedule is available on the Connecticut Little League website.
Redding-Easton outscored opponents 40-2 in the District 1 tournament, including a 1-0 win in its opening game over Darien. That was the only game in which Redding met a challenge, as it went on to beat New Canaan, 17-0; and Wilton twice, 12-2 and 10-0.
It is the first time Redding-Easton has won the Major Division District 1 title. The program won District 1 titles in the 9-10-year-old division each of the past three years.
Pitcher Claire McCann fired a two-hitter with nine strikeouts in the clinching victory. Scotland Davis’ two-run double in the first inning staked Redding to a 2-0 lead, and Redding broke the game open with three runs in the third and four more in the fourth.
The Redding-Easton softball team is Catie Boudiette, Scotland Davis, Elisabeth Eastus, Julie Kinahan, Sabrina Lalor, Rebecca Mauro, Julia Mullin, Claire McCann, Alba Ross, Yanci Ross, Molly Rotondo and Aerin Young. Kevin Ota is the head coach, assisted by Dave McCann and Chris Rotondo.
- 1 Weston, Easton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Easton, Redding, Weston
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Weston With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow