WESTON, Conn. – Weston High grads Kara Bucaro and Emma Tobin helped Towson University finish fifth at the Colonial Athletic Association cross country championships last weekend in Williamsburg, Va.
Bucaro, a sophomore, finished in 29th place in 22:59.69 for the 6-kilometer course. She was Towson’s second runner. Tobin, a junior, finished in 52nd place in 23:51.4. She was the fifth runner for Towson.
It was the first run of less than 23 minutes for Bucaro, who has been Towson’s No. 2 runner for most of the season. Tobin has been among Towson’s Top 5 all year. She ran track for one year at High Point before transferring to Towson.
Bucaro and Tobin were high school teammates at Weston, where they ran track for coach Matt Medve.
Towson will compete in the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional on Nov. 9.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Is In Effect For Easton, Weston, Redding
- 2 Easton, Redding, Weston Could See 6 To 10 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Weston, Easton, Redding
- 5 Storm May Drop Nearly A Foot Of Snow On Easton, Redding, Weston