WESTON, Conn. – Weston High grads Kara Bucaro and Emma Tobin helped Towson University finish fifth at the Colonial Athletic Association cross country championships last weekend in Williamsburg, Va.
Bucaro, a sophomore, finished in 29th place in 22:59.69 for the 6-kilometer course. She was Towson’s second runner. Tobin, a junior, finished in 52nd place in 23:51.4. She was the fifth runner for Towson.
It was the first run of less than 23 minutes for Bucaro, who has been Towson’s No. 2 runner for most of the season. Tobin has been among Towson’s Top 5 all year. She ran track for one year at High Point before transferring to Towson.
Bucaro and Tobin were high school teammates at Weston, where they ran track for coach Matt Medve.
Towson will compete in the NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional on Nov. 9.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Ribbon-Cutting Joins Trails In Easton's Centennial Watershed Forest